Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Burns' Playground

I finally got o hop on the new bike today and put it to the test. Saw a post from Bovine inviting people to ride his backyard mini trail system and with weather in the 50's and snow in the forcast, I knew I couldnt pass up dry dirt, log rides, a teeter, and ladder bridges so close to home!

Patrick and I had the place to ourselves for about and hour and a half, rode every possible line and I am sure we even made a few new lines of our own. This place was a blast, especially for the first ride on the new bike and the first ride in a few months.

I gotta say, Sean has done a good job squeezing the maximum amount of fun into such a small area. There are several lines that took a few times to clear and some that I will be back to conquer with more flow.

We talked about him putting in a pump tack back there and a few new lines and ideas for more features. I cant believe that every mtn biker in Kansas City isn't jumping all over the opportunity to ride dry dirt after so long being confined to the road or, in my case, the couch! With the added opportunity to build bike handling skills and learn something new, he should've beem fighting people off today.

So, we had a great time and I realize how out of shape I am now. I guess I'll be taking him up on the invitation to ride anytime. Can't wait!

-Shannon
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment