Monday, March 28, 2011

Working Hard

I'm going to save my self some time and let Patrick's words speak for our workday on the SMP Freeride trails yesterday. All I want to add is that this is incredibly hard work. Breaking out 2-9" thick bedrock out of a 9" hole in the ground with a rock bar (16lb steel rod) is no simple task. This is excruciatingly painful work! My hands, forearms, and shoulders were cramping, cold and my arthritis (too many days punching walls and people in my adolescence) was really starting to swell up and hurt due to the cold weather and snow. I could feel the blisters starting to form even though I was wearing thick work gloves. It felt as if we had worked for an hour and only made it an inch down. It's mentally exhausting and demoralizing work, but after putting up the first structure and being able to see the fruits of our labor, it makes it all worth while.

Here's Patrick's post on SMP Freeride:
http://www.smpfreeride.com/2011/03/workday-report-sunday-3-27.html

God Bless,

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment