Monday, June 1, 2009

Black Market and The Dotte

Iv'e been watching BM's steady progress in the past few months and I finally had a few minutes last night to check it out for myself.

The skinny on BM: Dirt jumps, gap jumps, berms, technical rollercoaster style skinnies, step-ups to step-downs, drops, and other rad stuff to come.

I only hit the entry DJ a few times and didn't get down into the good stuff. Pretty stoked to go back and ride the entire trail and especially the rollercoaster style skinny. Looks amazing! 

The Dotte: Skinnies, drops, berms, teeter, step downs, creek gap jump, big finish line jump.

Scott's old trail. Jen told us we can come ride whenever so Patrick and I went out and did a little trail work to get it back in shape. My string trimmer ran out o string so I only got about 1/2 way through the trail. Planning on going back Wednesday to work on the rest and seeing if Jen needs help with anything around the house.

The finish line jump needs some dirt work to get it popping again but overall the trail looks good for not being ridden since last fall and zero trailwork done since then either. But it'll make a good Thursday night ride spot if Jen is ok with it. 

It sucks not riding there with Scott....But it's ice to have a place to ride and remember the times we had. I want to ask jen about building a pump track back there for Riley. He was having a blast Memorila Day weekend in DD riding the little mounds of dirt we layed out for him. I think he would love it and it'll keep him riding.

1 comment: